Do You Have Math Anxiety?
A Self Test
Rate your answers from 1 to 5; add them up and check your score below.
(1) = Disagree, (5) = Agree.
- I cringe when I have to go to math class. 1 2 3 4 5
- I am uneasy about going to the board in a math class. 1 2 3 4 5
- I am afraid to ask questions in math class. 1 2 3 4 5
- I am always worried about being called on in math class. 1 2 3 4 5
- I understand math now, but I worry that it's going to get really difficult soon.1 2 3 4 5
- I tend to zone out in math class. 1 2 3 4 5
- I fear math tests more than any other kind. 1 2 3 4 5
- I don't know how to study for math tests. 1 2 3 4 5
- It's clear to me in math class, but when I go home it's like I was never there. 1 2 3 4 5
- I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with the rest of the class. 1 2 3 4 5
CHECK YOUR SCORE:
40-50 Sure thing, you have math anxiety. Check my 10 hints on how to reduce
30-39 No doubt! The thought of doing math still makes you uneasy.
10-19 Wow! Possibly a math major in the making!
|Math anxiety is an emotional reaction to mathematics based
on a past unpleasant experience which harms future learning. A good experience learning mathematics can overcome
these past feelings and success and future achievement in math can be attained.
All Contents Copyright©1997-2014
by Ellen Freedman, All Rights Reserved.
BACK TO HOME PAGE